18th Century Life - Come Join us!

18th Century Life is a group of friends who share a passion for the 18th century. Based in Arizona since 2004. Our members portay personas from various countries such as France, England, Scottland, Spain, and Colonial America ranging from civilians to soldiers to aristocrats. We welcome anyone who is interested in joining us in our fun and educational endeavors. If you have a passion for the 18th century and are thinking of participating in any of the events we are a part of, please contact us via email at dj18thcentury@yahoo.com All we ask is that you be respectful and considerate. You do not have to be a history major or dedicate your very being and essence. After all this is a hobby. We can tell you what it takes to get started and what you will need to know before getting involved. -Your humble servant, Le Compte-

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Test your knowlege of the 18th century


Ok. So I am still getting used to this blogging thing. I am really not comfortable with it yet and I type very slowly, so I am not posting probably nearly as much as I should. But, here it goes. I am going to give it a shot.

I have several ideas that I am considering for the blog one of which is creating videos that I will post. I am working on one that will cover "How to get started in reenacting in AZ". I will post it here when I have the chance. I am slo thinking of creating an 18th century game of some sort. So that is something that I hope to eventually post here some day. In the meantime I am researching it and while in the process, I came across an online trivia quiz site that was a nice brain teaser. I first came across the quiz on Louis XV. I took it and scored a 6/10. The average was 5/10, so I am at least ahead of the game there, but not by as much as I thought I would be since I study the age of Louis XV! Sheeeesh! I have a picture of the king hanging in my house. I imagine there are not many people who can say that. For pete's sake you would think I would score better. Just goes to show that I have a lot to learn and that as a reenactor, I need to be constantly refreshing my memory of the things I have learned. Although I will say in my defense that the ones I missed I was really debating between my answer and the one that turned out to be the correct ones. The next quiz I took was on the age of enlightenment. You can find it here: http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz6159b7c10.html . I scored much better on this one with an 8/10 whereas the averag is 6/10. Again, my second choices on many of them would have been the correct answer. In any event, it was a solidly fun distraction and a good way to judge my knowledge. That said, I better get back to it. If you get the chance, take the quiz. Enjoy.

Now it is time to get back to work so I will leave with this quote from one of the most prominent figures in history much less the enlightenment, Voltaire! Who said “Work spares us from three evils: boredom, vice, and need”.

2 comments:

  1. I have added your link to my blog.
    Regards, Le Loup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will add yours as well. When I figure out how to. LOL. I am still new to blogging.

    ReplyDelete